Harmony United Church is the result of the amalgamation of two former congregations, Cainsville United Church and Marlboro United Church.
Cainsville Methodist had served its community since the late 1800’s. Marlboro was established as a mission church by Colborne Street Methodist Church in 1914. Both congregations became United Church of Canada congregations at union in 1925. www.united-church.ca
In 1993, a joint working group was formed to see how the two congregations might look at some long term co-operation. The two congregations soon learned that they fit well together and each voted to amalgamate.
The new pastoral charge endeavoured to retain the heritage of the two founding congregations. The magnificent pipe organ was moved here from the Cainsville building. It was rebuilt and modernized.
Because of the fellowship we experienced with one another during the amalgamation, it seemed natural that the name Harmony was fitting. Not only was it a new name, but a goal to live up to. We have achieved and surpassed that mark as we continue our ministry/outreach in this community and beyond.